Thursday 29 January 2015

Steam Punk Shabby Chic Chair and A Pie Crust Table



 
Morning all, thanks for stopping by, I have the first of a few chairs to share today. In the build up to CHA UK I am working on lots of samples for the Decoart booth, Part of that involves painting several chairs for people to use whilst Andy Skinner and myself do our make and takes at the stand.
The chair was first painted with Decoarts chalk finish paint in Relic.I used a candle and rubbed aling the edges to act as a resist for my top coat. A couple of coats of Primitive over the top for a nice solid coverage.Once dry I took a medium grade sand paper and very lightly sanded the areas I had applied the candle.
To finish I applied 3 coats of decoart's clear cream wax.When the wax is dry you can buff it up for a really soft to the touch, light sheen.

 


 
The Pie crust table was painted with Rouge and Delicate with the stencilling done in Carbon.
Rouge was painted first and then heavily distressed with my black and decker mouse.the Delicate was next and again heavily distressed.
The script stencil is from the Chalk finish range and was sanded back by hand to give a very distressed look to match the table. A couple of coats of Decoarts  Ultra Matte varnish were applied to finish the table off.
 
xx thanks for stopping by xx
 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Mark, both of them but I specially like that table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- great makes Mark! Nice work on those leg turnings- you really captured the distress. I have to admit the chair is my fav-loving that seat! beautiful- both pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pieces look amazing. Fantastic work! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both amazing Mark, I wish I was going to be sitting in one of those chairs you are doing!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete