Monday 9 March 2015

A New Chair and Chalk Paint For Glass




 
 Afternoon and thanks for stopping by. Today I am sharing a couple of things, the first is a new chair,Now you may have notices I love to paint chairs and this year at the Stitches Trade Show I supplied all the hand painted pieces of furniture for the Decoart Stand this included the table and chairs that were used for the customers to sit and chat about placing their orders or any other questions they had regarding the Decoart products. This was finished the night before the show in the hotel room ( I needed to upholster the seat ) Like the black chai from a couple of posts back I kept things clean and simple and gave the char a couple of coats of Decoarts Home Deocor
in Relic, I think this is my fave colour in the range, when you add the clear wax or satin varish over the top the grey just looks beautiful. I used the Wax as I love the soft feel it has once dry.
The material was picked up at John Lewis and is part of the Sanderson dandelion clock range.
The grey in the material is a nice match and the bright pop of orange really stands out.
 
The second share are these little glass bowls from Ikea.
 


 
These were the make and takes I did at the show on the first day to introduce people to the Chalk Finish Paints for Glass. There are 8 colours available at the moment, more of the subtle shades but latter this year Decoart will be releasing a handful of the brighter shades. This paint has been formulated so you can bake it in the oven and make it dish washer safe.
I would like to say a great big thank you to all that stopped by and said hi or took part, I would also like to thank Decoart for having me back again this year, so much fun and it was great catching up with the faces I know from blog land and face book.
 
Thanks as always for stopping by.
I have recently started a Facebook Page and it would be great to see you join me over there xx.
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Great work Mark, love the chair. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Mark, i am in love with your chair and will definitely add Relic to my colours, looks almost purple in the light but i do love grey and all it's shades and tones, have done for may years.

    Thank you for the information about the newer colours for glass being available soon. Always enjoy a visit here :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair is gorgeous Mark but those glass bowls have stolen my heart - what fabulous paint!! Will keep an out out for that now and add it to my ever lengthening list of 'needs' ! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. These are gorgeous Mark. Love the colour for the chair. Great choice of fabric too. The bowls are very chic and I can see them fitting beautifully into a french vintage decor :) P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chairs are a favorite for sure!!
    I had no idea about the DecoArt's ability to be baked and dishwasher safe- very cool- I think I have some pieces in my stash that need up-cycling! heehe xo

    ReplyDelete