Monday 7 April 2014

Shabby Chic Service Trolley, French Style.



Evening, Thanks for stopping by, I have just finished a little service trolley that I picked up at my local Red Cross charity shop. Every time I pop in there I seem to come out with at least two new items to renovate.
Sorry I got carried away and had my first coat of paint applied before thinking about taking a before pic. 
All I can say was it was an uninspiring varnished dark wood trolley.


Here is what I used. The new Chalk finish paints from Decoart and two of their new stencils that go with the range..


The trolley was base coated with a couple of coats of 'Relic' and 'Lace' was applied with a stencil brush through the 'Parisian Street' Stencil and the 'Distressed Harlequin' Stencil.


I took some fine grain sand paper and lightly distressed the edges of the Trolley and also over the Stencilled images just to soften them up and make them look less stark.
The trolley has been finished off by having two coats of Decoart's clear cream wax to add a layer of protection and to give it a nice soft sheen.








14 comments:

  1. Amazing job will inspire others to have a go at it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Mark. I can see you ending up with commissions for your own furniture business at this rate!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic!! I have been waiting for ages for these paints to hit the UK..... Those stencils look so cool too, - do you know anyone in the UK who is/will be stocking them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Mark, love the whole altered shabby look xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are on a roll with these amazing transformations - love this one, it is stunning. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant upcycling
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. So need some of these stencils - am hoping against hope there might be some at Ally Pally!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning,I love how you've upcycled this trolly. Very inspiring! Great stencils, must check them out. Hope you had a good time at Ally Pally. I've seen the photos of you working hard on FB :)

    ReplyDelete